TPTT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ideas for revenge plot

+3
iago6666
Naoki
idib816
7 posters

Go down

Ideas for revenge plot Empty Ideas for revenge plot

Post by idib816 Mon May 20, 2013 1:33 pm

Hello everyone, as you may have noticed there is a take revenge plot in the mod. Unfortunately my imagination isn't endless, so I came up with only 4-5 different events that allow you to fulfill such plot. Now I'd like to add more in the future, so if you have any idea other than the already implemented ones, write it here.
idib816
idib816
Troubadour

Back to top Go down

Ideas for revenge plot Empty Re: Ideas for revenge plot

Post by Naoki Mon May 20, 2013 2:38 pm

Could you please write which have already been implemented? Smile (never used that plot myself). And do you need general ideas or code?
Naoki
Naoki
Squire

Back to top Go down

Post by idib816 Mon May 20, 2013 2:39 pm

For now there is a possibility of sending a girl to castrate the guy, arranging a blood feast, denouncing the immoral conduct of their sons wives, and killing them in duel. Ideas are fine, code is better if it's good.
idib816
idib816
Troubadour

Back to top Go down

Post by iago6666 Mon May 20, 2013 2:50 pm

i cant find the revenge plots..

-Murders,kidnappings(Familiar,lovers,Friends..)
-Seduction of the lover
-imprisonments
-Forgery and theft of land
-false rumors (Reputation sinking)
-Bribes
-Duels
-create a Faction
-Excomunication..
-changing sides to the enemy in a war
-judgments
-Raids,ambush and fire

Last edited by iago6666 on Mon May 20, 2013 4:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
iago6666
iago6666
Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Naoki Mon May 20, 2013 2:53 pm

- get the guy kidnapped and sold to slavery (could be equivalent to death, banishment or templar's "away" trait)
- poison him (death or a poisoned trait which would lower health and some attributes, alternatively the maimed trait could work)
- abuse daughter (impregnating her with a bastard)
Naoki
Naoki
Squire

Back to top Go down

Post by Cèsar de Quart Mon May 20, 2013 8:24 pm

Naoki wrote:- get the guy kidnapped and sold to slavery (could be equivalent to death, banishment or templar's "away" trait)
- poison him (death or a poisoned trait which would lower health and some attributes, alternatively the maimed trait could work)
- abuse daughter (impregnating her with a bastard)

It depends on the culture. Selling a rival Christian nobleman into slavery is just not an option. It would be very odd and I don't want to see it every ten years.

Poison is a good thing. Abuse daughter is something quite sordid, especially when it can carry such a bad taint to your family's honour. And you can never control if you'll get her pregnant.

You could, however, kidnap her and force her into marriage with one of your men, a knight of little wealth. Now that's low and knightly!

I'll write some suggestions when I finally find my books on knightly life. Someone should write a book called "History of Revenge". I'd read it.
Cèsar de Quart
Cèsar de Quart
Troubadour

Back to top Go down

Post by idib816 Mon May 20, 2013 11:33 pm

Thanks guys, keep them coming, I'll make good use of them.
idib816
idib816
Troubadour

Back to top Go down

Post by jquinn914 Tue May 21, 2013 6:10 am

Doge of Venice. Becomes available after that patrician throws you down the stairs, kicking you out of his party. Acquiring x amount of plot power will initiate a branching event that is spaced out without everything occurring immediately one after the other (possibly that can potentially last generations if reconciliations aren't made), preferably with extra options for high intrigue and high diplomacy.
jquinn914
jquinn914
Squire

Back to top Go down

Post by iago6666 Tue May 21, 2013 11:43 am

- spreads epidemics(poisoning the river like The Man Who Would Be King,send sicker bodies,send a procession of lepers)

-make a satire , hire a troubadour(add a modifier Count ridiculed)

-wench with gonorrhea(is more historical than castration)

-converts heirs in monsters by a hired educator

-a fatal accident(jousts,hunts..)

-solve the revenge with a compensation

-burn the crops(famine modifier)

-raid(destroy buildings)

quotes Dente Contrapasso and Machiavelli
iago6666
iago6666
Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by jquinn Tue May 21, 2013 1:35 pm

Most of those sound like something you'd do to an enemy county than strictly someone within your own realm that wronged you. For instance, would you poison a river (if that's even possible) for your own burgher or court?
Anonymous
jquinn

Back to top Go down

Post by Cèsar de Quart Tue May 21, 2013 4:43 pm

jquinn wrote:Most of those sound like something you'd do to an enemy county than strictly someone within your own realm that wronged you. For instance, would you poison a river (if that's even possible) for your own burgher or court?

You can poison a well.

Being this the Middle Ages, we're assuming nobles in your court don't actually live in your palace, or even in the same town as you. They live at their estates, sometimes they come over, etc.
Cèsar de Quart
Cèsar de Quart
Troubadour

Back to top Go down

Post by iago6666 Tue May 21, 2013 5:18 pm

jquinn wrote:Most of those sound like something you'd do to an enemy county than strictly someone within your own realm that wronged you. For instance, would you poison a river (if that's even possible) for your own burgher or court?

sure.I assumed the player wanted revenge against another Lord.
If he is in your court:

-force him to take the habits.

-Make him the buffon of the court,stableboy..

-blood duel

-ambush in a black alley

-blackmails

-give him a beatintg

-break the courtesans`s rules

-if he has a charge ,make him be fired

-involve him in a false complot againts their ruler.

-apply the Droit du seigneur with his wife

-starting an inquisitorial process

-make him marry with a deceitfull woman

More against the rulers:

-create a Black Legend

-Burn his body in absence

-stealing relics

iago6666
iago6666
Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Cèsar de Quart Tue May 21, 2013 5:59 pm

iago6666 wrote:

sure.I assumed the player wanted revenge against another Lord.
If he is in your court:

-force him to take the habits.

Nice one. Force him or blackmail him into taking the habits, thus leaving him out of the political game, while not ending his life.

Incidentally, the game features too little of lords going into a monastery.

-apply the Droit du seigneur with his wife

Droit du seigneur, althouth still a matter of study, probably didn't exist. Not one single document remains to prove its existance, except for one, suspected to be a forgery for decades. And one single document does not prove this pretended right or custom. Some lords might have corrupted the lord's right to tax a serf woman's dowry, or the tax on marriage (the Merchet or Ferma d'Espoli), but it doesn't seem to be a general thing at all.

Also, even if that right was real, you could not apply it to a nobleman. A vassal is not a serf. While all your vassals are your subjects, they're not all your serfs, and only your noble, intitled (by land or by service) subjects are your vassals. These "bad rights", the Ius Maletractandi is not something you can apply to noblemen. And the game features no commoners (almost no commoners, and in wrong places), so it makes no sense to have something like that here.

-create a Black Legend

That's a good one. You could spread false rumours about:
- Him being incapable and all his sons being bastards. Gets nickname "the Impotent"
- Him being involved in some earlier plot. Gets nickname "the Reckless"
- Him having had intercourse with his mother or sister. Gets nickname "the Incestuous"
- Him being a heretic. Or a sodomite. Gets nickname "the Heathen" or "the Devious"... I'm not sure about the nickname here, though.

Note that not all homosexuals should recieve the nickname "the Sodomite" or something like that. Some people didn't get their nicknames out of hatred, but of flattery or gentle treatment of their memory. Something like "the Gentle", "the Musician" or "the Lover of Delight" has appeared now and then. The last one, for example, belongs to John I of Aragon, "l'Amador de la Gentilesa", aka "the Hunter", because he didn't do much really.

Creating a black legend would be veeery difficult, something availiable to grey eminences and people with high personal intrigue.

-Burn his body in absence

That's enormously harsh and un-Christian. But I guess a posessed devil could get to these heights. Your vassals would be horrified, though.
Cèsar de Quart
Cèsar de Quart
Troubadour

Back to top Go down

Post by iago6666 Tue May 21, 2013 6:25 pm

probably i was lost in translation.

Burn in absence=!"Quemado en efigie",Antonio Perez,Miquel Servet and even Quevedo were symbolically burned, in absentia.

you're right with the Droit du seigneur.

iago6666
iago6666
Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Cèsar de Quart Tue May 21, 2013 7:52 pm

iago6666 wrote:probably i was lost in translation.

Burn in absence=!"Quemado en efigie",Antonio Perez,Miquel Servet and even Quevedo were symbolically burned, in absentia.

you're right with the Droit du seigneur.

That might be. Also, it was not uncommon to unearth a corpse in order to burn him posthumously for crimes of heresy.

Or to stage a trial to a corpse. Pope Formosus was not the only one to be judged and declared guilty while sitting on the bench, dead for days. His corpse was retrieved from the grave, put a Papal attire and sit on a bench in a mockery of a trial, following the principle "silence gives consent".

Something like that could be made a decision or event to bring shame to a powerful one's family.
Cèsar de Quart
Cèsar de Quart
Troubadour

Back to top Go down

Post by Naoki Wed May 22, 2013 9:26 pm

Just had the first revenge plot fire against me, the one with the castration I guess. Only that my lustful ruler managed to refuse the offered wench. Would it be possible for lustful rulers to be forced to accept, pretty much the same way it works with the lover event?
Naoki
Naoki
Squire

Back to top Go down

Post by idib816 Wed May 22, 2013 9:31 pm

That's a bit too deterministic, anyhow probably you got the option because of your intrigue.
idib816
idib816
Troubadour

Back to top Go down

Post by Naoki Wed May 22, 2013 10:08 pm

My intrigue was 7 or 8 and the choice wasn't lighted up as in "special choice". And I get the too deterministic, but since it's already there it does feel weird that for 2 basically identical events I'm once forced into something and the second time not.
Naoki
Naoki
Squire

Back to top Go down

Post by idib816 Wed May 22, 2013 10:38 pm

Maybe you're right, I'll change it.
idib816
idib816
Troubadour

Back to top Go down

Post by firelordzuko Fri May 31, 2013 11:39 am

For some reason, I'm thinking about Rienzi (the Wagner opera) now. How about an event to rape a (male) character's sister, if your character has the cruel/lustful traits?
firelordzuko
firelordzuko

Back to top Go down

Post by Evander Fri May 31, 2013 1:18 pm

I'm thinking that if the target character has Hunter/Falconer trait to kill his/her favorite mount/animal in cruel manner.
Evander
Evander
Squire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down