TPTT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quest for Landmarks

+3
Cèsar de Quart
Ixor_Drakar
Grallonsphere
7 posters

Go down

Quest for Landmarks Empty Quest for Landmarks

Post by Grallonsphere Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:40 pm

I have decided to adopt one of Solo's idea for my building system: building chains anchored on physical landmarks.

For example province 356 - Venezia - will have a unique landmark coded in called: Venice Laguna - this will be the foundation upon which the chain of buildings leading to the Venice Arsenal will rest.

Another example - province 1244 (in SWMH map) - Monferrand or Kerakdeschevaliers - the landmark would  be the Gates of Homs - upon which the original castle -
Hosn al-Akrad - would already be built.  And later expanded on to become the Krak des Chevaliers.

So I'm asking you for any suggestions of comparable landmarks.  Please note this idea is distinct from the 'regular' unique buildings such as the Hagia Sophia in Constantinople or St-Peters' in Rome.

G.
Grallonsphere
Troubadour

Back to top Go down

Quest for Landmarks Empty Re: Quest for Landmarks

Post by Ixor_Drakar Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:12 am

Tower of London would seem an obvious choice. Also the Great Mosque of Cordoba or If you only want one per location then Medina Azahara would be better.
Ixor_Drakar
Ixor_Drakar
Squire

Back to top Go down

Post by Cèsar de Quart Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:14 pm

Well, the thing would be to have the buildings that were already built... already built. Like the Walls of Theodosius, Hagia Sophia or the Colossus of Rhodes (I think it was still intact in in 1066).

Rome - Several chains are possible (and I just finished playing a bit of Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, which comes in handy)
-- Aqueducts
-- Hadrian's Mausoleum > Hadrian's Mole > Hadrian's Citadel > Castel Sant'Angelo

Athens - The Palace of the Propylaea

Constantinople -
-- The Palace of Blachernai (aka Tekfur: http://www.byzantium1200.com/tekfur.html)
-- Tower of Galata > Merchant Quartier of Pera (maybe a district of each one of the several merchant nations in the game? or just let the trade posts do the job?)

Bologna - University of Bologna (Studium Generalis, I think it was known as in Latin) in its several stages.

Barcelona -
-- Sea Consulship (Consolat de Mar, although it could be something more generic)
Cèsar de Quart
Cèsar de Quart
Troubadour

Back to top Go down

Post by Naoki Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:10 pm

Segovia - Aqueduct Razz
Naoki
Naoki
Squire

Back to top Go down

Post by Cèsar de Quart Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:48 pm

Naoki wrote:Segovia - Aqueduct Razz

But it was already built. I guess you could improve it, but then again, almost all Roman cities had aqueducts. Either we put it for all (which doesn't sound like a bad idea, there weren't all that many medium-big Roman cities) or for none, except for Rome, that had a lot of aqueducts, and Constantinople, that lacked sources of natural water and needed also a lot of water. 
Cèsar de Quart
Cèsar de Quart
Troubadour

Back to top Go down

Post by Cèsar de Quart Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:50 pm

Damn, how does the quotation system work? I can't write after the quote without my words being into the quote.
Cèsar de Quart
Cèsar de Quart
Troubadour

Back to top Go down

Post by Grallonsphere Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:55 pm

There are already aqueducts in the regular building chains for Christian cities.  And there are universities as well.  I was thinking more about natural landmarks that developed into something else.  Think the rock of Gibraltar upon which a fortress can be built.  Although Cesar's idea of ancient buildings still standing that can be transformed into something else is interesting.

Another problem is the 'regular' unique buildings have to be stand alone.  I tried to tie in Hagia Sophia as a lvl 7 but the game doesn't allow you to specify an entire building chain in the province file if you haven't acquired all the prerequisite techs needed.  In fact it simply disregards it if you don't have those techs.  So if one unique such building is destroyed it cannot be rebuilt.
Grallonsphere
Troubadour

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixor_Drakar Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:09 pm

Ah I see what you want now. So like the Île de la Cité so you can build the Notre-Dame cathedral on it?
Ixor_Drakar
Ixor_Drakar
Squire

Back to top Go down

Post by Grallonsphere Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:12 pm

yeah - we could add that in the Paris barony - as well as the 'Palais de la Cité' - the original French Royal Palace.
Grallonsphere
Troubadour

Back to top Go down

Post by Solo Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:18 pm

Damn, how does the quotation system work? I can't write after the quote without my words being into the quote.

For the quotes, or any other tag : you have to click "switch editor mode" in the icons of the toolbar. Don't ask me why they changed the post system, I couldn't find any setting to revert it otherwise I would have.
Solo
Solo
Admin

https://theprinceandthethane.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Cèsar de Quart Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:32 pm

Grallonsphere wrote:yeah - we could add that in the Paris barony - as well as the 'Palais de la Cité' - the original French Royal Palace.

Nice idea.

Thanks for the tip, Solo.
Cèsar de Quart
Cèsar de Quart
Troubadour

Back to top Go down

Post by Evander Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:13 am

Then another one that NEED to be present as a particular landmark is the Mont Saint-Michel. Built originally by monks, owned by the Duke of Brittany and then ceded to the Normans and improved gradually (there are 3 different churches built one above the other).

And when looking for landmarks, why not this ?
Evander
Evander
Squire

Back to top Go down

Post by iago6666 Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:46 pm

Cathedral of santiago:
sepulcro del Apóstol (tomb of the Apostle)->Arca marmarica(the name of the early church)->Iglesia románica->
Portico de la gloria->Consecration of the Cathedral
Alhambra:
Alcazaba->Yannat al-arif(el generalife(The gardens))->Partal(palace of Yusuf iii,partal is portic in arabic)->maswar(Mexuar sheikdoms)-->qamriyya(Comares)->
Sahan al-Osud(patios de los leones)-->Al-Haram(ALhambra)

What do you think about the Kremlin?

Other unique buildings:
Universities of coimbra,salamanca,Bologna, Oxford and Paris.

Italy:
Duomos:amalfi,siena,Napoli,Pisa,Florencia and milan
Basilicas:
St. Peter's,Saint Anthony of Padua and St Mark's 

Spain:
Catedrales:
Santiago de compostela,Burgos and Leon
Mezquitas:
Cordoba
Minarete:
Giralda
Alcázar:
Segovia

France:
Notre Dame (Paris),Notre-Dame de Reims,Saint-Étienne de Bourges ,'Assompion de Notre-Dame (Chartres)
Notre-Dame de Amiens,
Saint-Gatien de Tours ,Cathédrale Notre-Dame-de-l'Assomption de Clermont-Ferrand,

cathédrale Saint-Pierre de Beauvais,Cathédrale Notre-Dame de Rouen

Others:

Saint Basil's Cathedral Moscu,St Canice's Cathedral(Kilkenny),Cologne Cathedral ,St. Stephen's Cathedral(Vienna)
Onze-Lieve-Vrouwekerk(brujas),St. Vitus Cathedral(Prague),The Cathedral of St. Michael and St. Gudula,Brussels,
Durham Cathedral,he Frauenkirche (munchen).Worms Cathedral
,Domus sanctae Mariae Spirae(spira),Gamla Uppsala,Cluny Abbey

Portugal:
Castelo de São Jorge(Lisboa),Murhallas Fernandinas(Porto)

Mosques:
Masjid al-Haram(Mecca),Masŷid an-Nabawī(Medina),Ibn Tulun Mosque(Cairo),Al-Aqsa(Jerusalem),Mosque of Uqba(Kairouan)
Umayyad Mosque(Damascus).
iago6666
iago6666
Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Cèsar de Quart Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:01 pm

Evander wrote:Then another one that NEED to be present as a particular landmark is the Mont Saint-Michel. Built originally by monks, owned by the Duke of Brittany and then ceded to the Normans and improved gradually (there are 3 different churches built one above the other).

And when looking for landmarks, why not this ?

Nice ideas, really. Things like the different churces in Mount Athos, or the several complexes in the Alhambra and Medina Azahara, as said before. It could even work to represent the different bastions or gates of especially strong fortresses or walls, like the Theodosian Walls, the Aurelian Walls or the Round City in Baghdad, that was in a ruinous state when the Seljuks took the city.

What about a family pantheon? When you're old you decide if you want to get buried there or in some other place of bigger significance. Building the tomb takes time and coutns as a building (or a flag?).
Cèsar de Quart
Cèsar de Quart
Troubadour

Back to top Go down

Post by Grallonsphere Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:47 pm

Let's not forget the working version of my building system I had before this latest patch ruined it had over 700 potential buildings so once I've managed to update it for 1.101 we'll have a similar number of structures.  I don't want to clog the interface with overlapping or redundant buildings.

All those buildings you have listed Iago - were they existing in 867? Or 1000?  It's not because they were constructed historically that they would be in the pretend scenarios we're reliving with the game.  In the case of Mont St-Michel - the peninsula and hill upon which it's built *was* there so the possibility to build something exists.  In the case of the Kremlin for instance it would be the Borovitsky Hill that would be the unique structure present in the barony of Moskva - and that *could* be used to anchor a chain of further buildings.

However in such cases as the cathedrals - who says they would have been built?  Perhaps the Reconquista fail to materialize in a given game; perhaps  these land are conquered by the Muslims.  See what I mean?
Grallonsphere
Troubadour

Back to top Go down

Post by iago6666 Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:10 pm

is not possible to establish conditions to build them because they are used as a anchor,i see.

all were constructed in the timeframe of the game or before,latter i will write the timeline.
but if you can not set conditions,all religious buildings are out.even the ones that where building before,would be more appropriate to make them unique buildings without anchors.

another idea, if you build a cathedral in those cities can be used as an anchor?and begin the chain of buildings
iago6666
iago6666
Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Grallonsphere Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:53 pm

I'm not we're talking about the same thing.

here's the code for the 1st Jewish community:

ct_jewish_community_1 = {   
        potential = {
            FROM = {
                NOT = { religion_group = jewish_group }
            }
            NOT = { religion_group = jewish_group }
        }
        trigger = {
            always = no
        }
        build_cost = 0
        build_time = 0
        ai_creation_factor = 1

tax_income = 0.75

start = {
            year = 1500
        }
    }

Here you'd have the 'mont st-michel'

Then you'd have the mont st-michel chain that would require this as a prerequisite.

And yes I had planned to add churches in cities as distinct from those present in clerical holdings.  So in theory if you reach lvl 3 of the regular urban church chain - and if the holder of the specific barony is a Christian duke or higher - you could build a specific cathedral yes.
Grallonsphere
Troubadour

Back to top Go down

Post by iago6666 Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:02 pm

Sorry i was thinking something like:
potential = { 
FROM = { religion = catholic } 

FROMFROM = { title = b_st-michel }
}
iago6666
iago6666
Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Grallonsphere Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:36 pm

Yes of course - the Mont St-Michel (the actual hill) will be in the corresponding barony - without prerequisites.  Then the monastery chain can be based on it.
Grallonsphere
Troubadour

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum